Dr. Marcelino Agúndez, Ramón y Cajal tenure track 5-year position at Instituto de Física Fundamental (CSIC)
My main research topic is “Astrochemistry”. That is, the study of the chemistry of a variety of astronomical environments. More specifically, circumstellar envelopes around evolved stars, interstellar clouds, protoplanetary disks, and exoplanet atmospheres.
– In 2009 I obtained the PhD in Astrophysics with extraordinary award by the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain) under the supervision of José Cernicharo, with a thesis entitled “Study of the chemistry in the circumstellar envelope IRC+10216”.
– Between 2009 and 2011 I worked on interstellar and protoplanetary disks chemistry as a postdoc at the Observatoire de Paris-Meudon (France) in the team of Evelyne Roueff thanks to a Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowship.
– Between 2011 and 2013 I worked on the chemistry of exoplanet atmospheres as a postdoc at the Laboratoire d’Astrophysique de Bordeaux (France) in the team of Franck Selsis.
– From 2014 I am working on the “Astrochemistry” of various astronomical environments at the Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Madrid (CSIC, Spain) in the team of José Cernicharo, since 2016 with a Ramón y Cajal tenure track position.
~80 peer-reviewed publications (>2100 citations and H index of 25 as Feb 2017)
Teaching and Mentoring:
– Co-advisor of PhD Thesis of Sarah Massalkhi
– Invited teacher in the international schools:
* Astrochemistry’s cool, UIMP Cuenca, 14-18 September 2014
* Escuela Hispano-Chilena de Astroquímica, Universidad de Chile, 9-13 May 2016
Grants as principal investigator:
– Marie Curie Intra European Fellowship at the Observatoire de Paris (157,280€)
– Ramón y Cajal Grant at Instituto de Física Fundamental (308,600€)
– MINECO Grant at Instituto de Física Fundamental (191,000€)
Commissions of trust:
– Referee in peer-review of articles for journals A&A, ApJ, MNRAS, Int J Chem Kinet
– External reviewer for National Research Agencies FONDECYT (Chile), FWO (Belgium), NCN (Poland).
– Member of “Herschel Observing Time Allocation Committee” (ESA)
– Member of “Comité de Asignación de Tiempos de los Telescopios de Canarias”