Dr. José Pablo Fonfría, Postdoctoral researcher at Instituto de Física Fundamental (IFF, CSIC).
My field of research is Molecular Astrophysics, particularly on circumstellar envelopes (CSEs) of evolved stars. I use to work on high spectral resolution observations acquired with single-dish telescopes in the mid-infrared and the millimeter spectral ranges, and with millimeter interferometers. Recently, I am introducing myself to the near-infrared and visible spectral ranges. My main interest is related to the molecular excitation in CSEs through the analysis of lines produced by pure rotational, vibrational, and electronic transitions, their detailed modeling and their relationship with gas structures in circumstellar envelopes.
– Graduate in Fundamental Physics, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM; Spain).
– PhD at UCM and Instituto de Estructura de la Materia (IEM, CSIC; Spain).
– Post-doctoral fellow at the Instituto de Astronomía (IA), Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM; Mexico).
– Post-doctoral fellow at the Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Madrid (ICMM, CSIC; Spain) and Instituto de Física Fundamental (IFF, CSIC), supported by Consolider-Ingenio “Astromol” and ERC-Syg “Nanocosmos” grants.
I am first author or co-author of 14 papers published in peer-reviewed international journals (ApJ, A&A, MNRAS, JCP) with about 250 citations and 6 contributions published in Proceedings of International Conferences.
Use of telescopes:
I have been PI or Co-I of more than 20 accepted observational proposals submitted to the telescopes ALMA, SOFIA, IRTF, IRAM (30m and NOEMA), CAHA, CARMA, APEX, and EVLA.
Invited teacher in the “Guillermo Haro School on Molecular Astrophysics”, organized by the Instituto Nacional de Astrofísica, Óptica y Electrónica (INAOE) in Puebla, Mexico (2016 Oct 11-21).
Commissions of trust:
– Referee of the ApJ.
– Member of the Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (CONACYT; Mexico) Evaluation Committee for the “Estancias Internacionales” call (2015 Jun).
– PhD with Summa Cum Laude honors.
– Member of the “Sistema Nacional de Investigadores (SNI)”, Level I, awarded by the Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (CONACYT; Mexico) during the period 2015-2017.