Dra. Nuria Marcelino, Postdoctoral researcher at Instituto de Física Fundamental (IFF, CSIC).
Astrochemistry. Interstellar medium and star formation. Millimeter radioastronomy and interferometry. Observational support experience.
– Graduate in Physics, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (2002).
– Master Thesis: “Deuterated Molecules in Dark Clouds: First Detection of D2CS in Space”, supervised by Rainer Mauersberger and Jose Cernicharo. Universidad de Granada (09/2004).
– PhD Thesis: “Study of the Chemistry in Dark Clouds”, supervised by Rainer Mauersberger and Jose Cernicharo. Universidad de Granada (12/2007).
– Predoctoral fellow at the Institut de Radioastronomie Millimetrique (IRAM), Granada, Spain (04/2003–03/2007).
– Postdoctoral fellow at the Instituto de Estructura de la Materia (CSIC) and Centro de Astrobiologia (CSIC-INTA), Madrid, Spain (04/2007-10/2010).
– Postdoctoral Fellow at the North American ALMA Science Center, National Radioastronomy Observatory (NAASC-NRAO), Charlottesville VA, USA (11/2010–03/2014).
– Postdoctoral Fellow at the European ALMA Regional Center–Italian node, Osservatorio di Radioastronomia (INAF), Bologna, Italy (04/2014–03/2016).
Publications Summary: Link to Refereed Articles in ADS- Astrophysics Data System
– ~45 peer-reviewed papers in ApJ, A&A, Nature, MNRAS, and JPCA.
– Technical reports: ALMA (4) and IRAM-30m (2).
– ~40 conference contributions (6 publications in proceedings).
Teaching and Mentoring:
– Co-advisor of a summer student within the NRAO Summer Student Program (2013).
– Invited teacher in the international school “Guillermo Haro School on Molecular Astrophysics”, organized by the Instituto Nacional de Astrofísica, Óptica y Electrónica (INAOE), Puebla, Mexico, 11-21 October 2016.
– Lecturer and support for hands-on tutorials in 9 ALMA events (proposal preparation and data reduction workshops), organized by NRAO and the ALMA Italian Node (2011-2016).
– Teaching assistant at the IRAM 30m Summer Schools (2003, 2005, 2007).
Use of telescopes:
– PI and co-I of several observing campaigns at IRAM-30m, Effelsberg 100m, Green Bank Telescope, OAN-Yebes 40m, IRAM-PdBI/NOEMA, Jansky VLA, and ALMA.
– IRAM-30m: Astronomer on Duty and user support (2003-2007).
– ALMA Observatory: User support in proposal preparation and data reduction, and Commissioning and Science Verification (2010-2016).
Service and committees:
– Referee in peer-review of articles for A&A and Chemical Reviews.
– Technical secretary for the ALMA Proposal Review Process (Cycle 1-2012 and Cycle 2-2014).
– NAASC-NRAO Postdoc Selection Committee (2012).
– Co-organizer of the University of Virginia/NRAO lunch talks (2011-2012).